Organizer: Jeff Teutsch (Coach)
This coaching workshop, led by program coordinator Jeff Teutsch, is designed for coaches and volunteers with any of our youth or adult programs. If you will be coaching with one of our programs or think you may enjoy doing so in the future we strongly encourage you to sign up (it's free!).
The workshop will take place from 9 am until noon on Saturday March 3rd with a 15 minute break in the middle.
We will be meeting in the Susan Finch room in the Mlacak Centre in Kanata (2500 Campeau Dr). There will be signs pointing you to the room in the building. Please try to arrive to be ready to start at 9:00.
The session will have a mix of lecture style presentation about our new program structure and some of the policies and procedures we have put in place and two breakout exercises / workshop discussions. The workshop does include a bit of outdoor time so bring dress to be outdoors coaching/orienteering or bring a change of clothing with you. We will be providing you with some handouts and workshop sheets but it would not be a bad idea to bring a notebook and pen if you want to take your own notes. The presentation will be available to all club coaches afterwards as well.
Note: you must be a member to participate in this workshop. Annual membership is available for a nominal fee.
To sign up please e-mail Jeff Teutsch at email@example.com.
- The LTAD and our programs (changes from 2017) (20 min)
- General procedures (sign in sign out, lesson plan distribution, etc.) (20 min)
- Working with parent volunteers (10 min)
- Marshalling courses and activities (10 min)
- Warm-ups and Cool downs (5 min)
- Working with kids at the various LTAD stages (30 min)
- Include a breakout exercise here - this could be indoor or outdoor
- Our program policies - safety and behaviour policies in particular (20 min)
- Coach / volunteer screening (10 min)
- Thinking about your coaching philosophy (10 min)
- Coaching philosophy workshop discussion (30 min)